Thursday, December 30, 2010

Snowed In

I really want to be in my apartment right now but I can't because of the snowstorm.  I'm stuck at my parents house for the time being but my dad is going to drive me back tomorrow. 

There's a book in my apartment that I have yet to finish but was sort of the inspiration for this blog.  It's called Refuse to Choose by Barbara Sher (also the author of a great book called Wishcraft).  The book really made me realize that I don't need one passion or focus for the rest of my life.  Everyone always tells you to find what you are passionate about and make that into your career.  It seems simple enough but what if you don't know your passion..you feel like nothing you do is ever good enough. I love to take pictures but I don't want to be a photographer.  I love cooking but I don't want to be a chef. I love scrapbooking but I'm not going to design paper and the scrapbooking blog was a failure.  Just because I'm passionate about something doesn't mean I want it to be my career. I think my job is good enough. I don't dread going into work (anymore), I make money and I have health insurance. It gives me a chance to do the things I really love...and I love to do lots of things.

Right now I can't do anything except pack up my stuff for tomorrow.  I love being with my parents but I can't wait to be back on my own.  Until then have a happy and healthy new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment