Monday, January 3, 2011

Read all about it

I have this idea in my head that I'll be really smart if I read every single article in the newspaper every day.  I don't get a newspaper delivered and I really don't have time in the morning to read it if I did so I decided that I could read every article in the Sunday NY Times. There's tons of sections to the Sunday paper...think of how diverse and knowledgable I would be. So I shoved a few dollars into my gym bag and headed to workout, planning on picking up the paper on my way back. I walked into the corner market and was shocked to find the Sunday times costs $5!  Now, I know all about the internet and that I could easily go to the website and read the articles..but it's really not the same.  Plus I own a netbook..it's really difficult to read any article on a netbook screen.  So I settled on the second-rate (or really third-rate) Newsday...only $2.  I read every article in that paper, but I don't really think that articles about Long Islanders complaining about the snow really made me a better person.  Perhaps I will try again next weekend.

On the bright side, I did get a weekly TV listings insert and was excited to see a new episode of Hoarders was to air that night....and then disappointed to find out that the TV listings were wrong. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment