Thursday, January 13, 2011

Traveling On

Today I booked a trip to Berlin, Germany.  I am beyond excited.  If you know me, you'd know that I am not a well traveled person.  I did not get on a plane until I was 21 and I just got my passport 2 years ago.  Unlike other college grads who need to "find themselves" for a few months by staying in hostels and taking pictures of themselves on snow covered mountains after college, I started working right away.  Not much time for serious travel or so I thought.  I do have 15 days of vacation and compared to a lot of companies..that's pretty awesome.  I always thought if I was to go to Europe I would "need" 2 weeks at least. My new boss has taught me different.  She travels to Scotland for the weekend or Costa Rica for a few days.  Inspired by her, I decided to book the Berlin trip (with a friend) for 5 days/4 nights.

Eager to travel more and notoriously bad at geography, I decided to print out two blank maps (one of the US and one of the world).  I want to color in all the places I've been and keep coloring it in as I go to more places. I taped it into my pretty notebook - a fancy flower covered notebook I keep on my coffee table and jot down random ideas in. 

Here is my sad states map.  I've made it to all the surrounding areas, Disneyworld and Las Vegas.  I definitely want to visit all 50 states in my life, but I'm not into the cross country driving trip everyone is dying to do.  I hate being in cars for long periods of time for the simple reason that I suffer from extreme motion sickness.  A month of puking does not sound like a great time to me. 






And here is my extra sad map of the world.  As you can see I've stayed on the western hemisphere.  Germany will be my first venture across the Atlantic.  Super excited! Right now there's sadly only 4 countries colored in - Canada (awesome because I've only been to like Quebec but when I color in the whole country it looks like I've been to a lot), US, Mexico and the Bahamas. 

I won't ever have the entire map colored in.  I like to be adventurous but I still want to be safe.  I do hope to see a lot of Europe colored in, Australia, maybe a few places in South America.  Unfortunately all of the Caribbean islands are so tiny compared to the rest of the world...but I want to go to all of them.

Until next time, have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment