Monday, January 10, 2011

Snap Out of It

I am in serious need of a life reboot.  Has anyone noticed that this is essentially a crafting blog and I have yet to craft anything?

I've been so lazy and tired lately that if any doctor were to observe my behavior in the last 3 days they would conclude I was clinically depressed.  I'm not...or I hope I'm not. Is denial the first sign?  I'm just really really inexplicably tired.  I think it's because besides going to the gym I don't move very much during the day.  At work I sit at a computer all day and feel the energy pouring out of me.   Even when I'm in the gym lately my workouts are so unorganized that I spend 10 minutes walking around trying to figure out what I want to do.  It's like my brain won't focus on anything.  And because my brain won't focus, I do not start any new projects.

I'm not sure how to snap out of this funk.  I am getting a haircut on Wednesday.  Sometimes a little makeover action helps. When I was younger, I was not the prettiest child. Super awkward with thick glasses, braces, bad skin, frizzy hair..the whole deal.  I used to draw pictures of myself as I was then and then draw a new picture of myself with a brand new makeover.  I still have some books of these drawings at home.  I was obsessive. Luckily I got contacts and my braces off around the same time.  It took a few years for me to understand curly hair..still working on my skin although it's not teenager status anymore.  ANYWAY, the point is that I love a good makeover and I'm always convinced that I will be happier if I get one. 

The other option to counteract laziness is some good old Mom advice - just do it.  My mom claims that Nike stole her slogan.  I need to start working on projects even if I really just want to be on my couch with a blanket on.  I think I will need to ease into this situation and possible start tonight with my needlepoint and then maybe move into some scrapbooking territory.  We'll see how it goes...there's no point in writing a blog if I can't get off my couch.

No comments:

Post a Comment