Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Cooking Time: Lousiana Style

I've been all about cooking lately. I bought two new cookbooks with a Barnes and Nobles gift card from my bday.  We all know how much I love cookbooks. I read them while watching TV, I'm weird like that. 

Anyway, one of the cookbooks I purchased, from America's Test Kitchen Simple Weeknight Favorites there was a recipe for Lousiana style skillet chicken and rice and beans.  Since I'm missing being on vacation, I decided to cook up some of that. It was super easy, quick and delicious.  I used to absolutely loath spicy foods, but lately I think my tastes are changing.  I bought the hot sausage for the rice and beans, and I really loved it.

Here's a pic of the chicken simmering on the stove:

And the finished product!

No comments:

Post a Comment