Tuesday, March 22, 2011

I'm Not Doing the Robot, My Neck Just Hurts

I'm finally able to move around again today after injuring my neck this weekend. How did I injure my neck? Very, very, very stupidly..headbanging.  Yes, you read that right. I transported myself back to the early 90s and tried to shake my long hair like a rock star, only instead of feeling incredibly awesome, my neck experienced a terrible surge of pain.  26 is too old to headbang.  Now I know, and knowing is half the battle.

Anyway, because I've been unable to bend forward the last few days, I haven't worked on anything new until tonight.  My neck injury reminded me so much of my age that I decided to finally finish my birthday layout.  I even sketched and measured my photos! Looks like I'm growing up.

I wanted to have a border around my pages but I didn't want to waste an entire piece of patterned paper making a photo matte so instead I sliced thin strips of the patterned paper to glue them into a border. When I type it out, it seems really simple and obvious, but I thought I was a genius when I was doing it.  After everything was placed and started gluing though...I still went straight to improvising.  Sketching just isn't for me.  I'm not sure I love the finishd product, but surprisingly my neck doesn't hurt as much anymore...
All Patterned Paper: Me and My Big Ideas, Stickers: K&Company, Stamps: Unknown

It's obviously a two page layout, still hard to show together. Here's a close up of each page:





No comments:

Post a Comment