Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Stuffed

That title is not referring to how I feel right now but rather what the theme of this week is turning out to be.  Tonight I made stuffed chicken and tomorrow I plan on making stuffed peppers. I didn't even realize when I was food shopping that I had planned two stuffed items into my weekly meal plan..but I like it. Both are experiments...today's is actually successful!  I made chicken stuffed with baby spinach, pine nuts, roasted peppers and mozarella cheese. Anytime I've attempted stuffed chicken in the past the cheese has exploded out from the chicken and ruined everything.  I don't know what I did differently this time, but it was completely successful (and really easy).  All you have to do is saute the baby spinach, pine nuts and roasted peppers in olive oil for a minute or two, until the spinach is wilted.  Then you take thin chicken cutletes, place the spinach mix towards the top, top with the cheese and roll really tight.  Dip the cutlets in egg and breadcrumbs, and then cook in olive oil until the chicken is cooked through (flipping once - carefully). 

I also took 600 pictures of this meal until I found one that wasn't too blurry and out of focus. I busted out my tripod for this so appreciate it!

No comments:

Post a Comment