Monday, February 27, 2012

Cooking Time! A little Quiche?

I feel like I haven't cooked in a while. I mean, I've been cooking for myself, girl's gotta eat but mostly quick foods - pasta, chili, stirfry. I haven't followed a recipe in a while.

I decided to make this artichoke and feta quiche tonight. A lot of people are afraid to cook anything big because they don't want to mess it up..but cooking is about experimenting. Not everything you cook is going to taste good. It won't look like the cookbook picture and it won't always be perfect. That was the case with this meal. It tasted good but I know if I make it again, it will be better.  I should've followed my instinct and added an extra egg so that the pie set firmer. It was a little too milky, so it ended up falling apart a bit when I cut it. I also hate when a recipe tells you it takes 45 minutes to cook, and 60 minutes later I'm still waiting for the top to brown. Another tip I've learned as I cook more is that anytime a recipe says 350 degrees, always up it by 25 degrees. I didn't do that this time and I should've.

Anyway, here's a little picture of my meal.  Another smashbook post to come a little later in the week (maybe tomorrow, we'll see!).

No comments:

Post a Comment