Wednesday, July 18, 2012

I can collage too!

Last night I took the Mixed Media and Collage class. It was so much fun!  Good timing too because the teacher is moving to Montreal so it was the last time they were going to run the class.   


I've always loved mixed media art but I never understood how people did it. My collages always turn out wrinkly and peeling.  This class taught us about photo transfers - super cool. Matte Media transfers - also super cool.  Dry media, wet media and basic collage. They taught us how to glue elements down without too many wrinkles and what type of paper won't curl too much.  Now I just need to figure out where to get all the supplies -although most of them are highly flammable so maybe my apartment is not the best area for it. 


I scanned in some of the images we made in class.  I didn't expect to bring home a fantastic collage after a 3 hour class, but I am satisfied with how silly and neat these are.  I hung them on my fridge because i wasn't sure what else to do with them. 


Collage 1: Matte Media Transfer

Collage 2: Paint, Collage, Photo Transfer, Pastels, Stamps


Collage 3: Paint, Collage, Photo Transfer, Stamps


I'm going to read some of my collage books I've been saving now that i know how to do some of the techniques...and maybe look up even more classes I can take.  



No comments:

Post a Comment