Monday, July 30, 2012

organizing all day keeps the anxiety away

For the off chance that a stranger is actually reading this blog, let me start this entry by saying..I'm kind of crazy.  Sometimes I get an idea in my head and I need to do it right that second. Like today at work, I decided that I needed to go to Michael's to buy paint brushes that let's be honest, I will probably not use until 6 months from now.  As soon as the clock struck 5, I was on the subway and at Michael's.  I not only ended up with paint brushes but all this too:

Yup, those are all stickers. I didn't buy each one individually though. Michael's sometimes has these grab bag things for $20 (a $50 value! I don't know if that's really true but that's what the bag tells me).  I get a thrill when I buy them. The same thrill you get when you play the lotto. You never know if what you get is going to be great or really shitty. One time the pack I got was made up of halloween decorations and USA stickers. Not my best day.  Today though the bag was pretty good...lots of lettering and rub ons. 

After I spread all the supplies out, I decided I had to, at that very second, reorganize all my stickers using binders. So at 9pm at night, I got out of my pajamas, ran up to Duane Reade and bought some giant binders.  I can't help myself.  I did feel better after all my stickers were organized though. My mind felt a little less anxious. 

Needless to say, after all this activity, I didn't have much time to actually do anything creative.  So tonight, I'm going to continue watching the olympics and reading my collage books from the library. 

Until next time readers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment