Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Nasty Sunburns and Photography Disappointments

That subject line perfectly describes my weekend. It was a nice long weekend..sort of a July 4th redo since I was so sick last weekend. I took off Monday to really enjoy it to the fullest.  Spent the entire day on the beach...roasted toasted and burnt to a crisp. Sunburns don't bother me so much anymore except for the constant fear of skin cancer (I check every inch of my skin every day as if overnight a giant mole will pop up somewhere).  The only bad part is that I got super burnt on my stomach...and I tend to sleep on my stomach, so that was painful.

Anyway, my God daughter's christening was also this weekend and I thought it would be a perfect opportunity to use my new fancy camera.  The only problem is that I think my pictures would look exactly the same if I used my drunk camera (i.e. the tiny red camera I've had for years I use only when out in bars).  I don't know why I bother getting an expensive camera. The only good aspect I can see right now is that there's no delay between shots. I don't know, maybe I'm just being impatient. I know I need to learn all the functions but I find it frustrating.   I'm going to practice more and try to be more patient...or maybe I should just stick to shooting flowers...

No comments:

Post a Comment