Thursday, July 21, 2011

Page Redo

Even though I'm melting in my apartment right now, I still found time to scrapbook.  I set the fan up on my coffee table, directly in front of my face.  I didn't get air conditioning in my apartment. People at work freak out when I tell them this, as if I told them I decided not to get electricity in my apartment. It's really not a big deal. The fan makes a huge difference. Today's only bad because we are going through a brutal heat wave. There's no breeze outside.  Tomorrow I'm going to retreat to my parent's house for the weekend.

Anyway, once I made the decision to go 12x12, I also decided I want to redo some old pages.  I want the 12x12 album to be devoted to the first year in my new apartment.  The first pages I decided to redo are my birthday layout. I was really disappointed in my first birthday layout because I thought the colors i used were dull and then I made a flower border as a cop out because I measured the pictures wrong as usual.

If you dont remember, here is the original layout:
It's not bad, it's just not my favorite.  I'm not sure why I used the beige background.  I think it was to give the page an antique feel.  It didn't work very well. 

Anyway, I decided to go with a brighter background color.  I also was able to add a few more pictures.  Oh I also solved my scanner too small problem, in a crazy way.  I taped the pictures to my closet door, set my camera up on a tripod and took pictures of the layouts. 




I tried putting the layouts side by side but blogger likes to make my life difficult...so use your imagination. 

No comments:

Post a Comment