Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Sewing is coming!

Tonight I took out the sewing machine - well I didn't really take it out, it's been sitting on my dining room table collecting dust since I brought it home from my mom's.  I know how to use a sewing machine, but I don't know how to set up a sewing machine. I've never threaded the sewing machine myself.  So my first goal is to learn how to do that. 

I have a fantastic book to work with S.E.W. Sew Everything Workshop by Diana Rupp.  Tonight I took scotch tape and labeled parts of my sewing machine.  I decided to stop after that because I was too distracted by the TV. I think this weekend I'm going to put aside a few hours on Saturday to really sit down, learn how to thread the machine and do a few sample stitches.  

It's also possible that I'll get distracted by something else and the sewing machine will sit on the dining room table for a few more weeks.  That's just who I am.    

No comments:

Post a Comment