Sunday, February 20, 2011

Cooking Sunday: Potato Salad with Mustard Vinaigrette

Every Sunday, I open a cookbook and cook the first recipe on the page (unless it's seafood)

I guess I'm really good at turning to potato recipes...awesome because I love me some potatoes.  Love Love Love. I wasn't sure about this potato salad though because it didn't involve mayonaise.  Mustard vinaigrette?  Didn't sound too appetizing but I was going to try it anyway.

As nervous as I was to try it the mustard vinaigrette was delicious!  It's a half cup olive oil, 3 tablespoons wine vinager (I used red wine vinager) and a teaspoon of mustard.  After I chopped and boiled the potatoes I tossed them with the vinaigrette, parsley and I added some celery. I like a nice crunch in my salads.  I made a really large bowl of potato salad and I am not ashamed to admit I ate THE ENTIRE bowl.  Potatos satisfy my crazy hormones this week (seriously, I cried at the end of The Princess Diaries this afternoon).


No comments:

Post a Comment