Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Finally Feeling a Little Inspiration

I finally felt the urge to create today!I  I feel revived, even though it was only a small project.  

Every year I start making a scrapbook..some years I finish some years I don't.  I used to get really mad at myself when I started something and didn't finish but now I don't.   It's the process of creating that I enjoy, finishing is just the added bonus.  I don't want to feel stressed about projects that are meant to be fun.  In my scrapbooks, I always place a "month summary" page in between sections - usually with the month name, a few preview pictures and some themed embellishments.  This year I still want the month pages, but I wanted to switch it up.

I was looking at my planner at work when I got the idea to do a calendar page.  I love to write and doodle in my planner.  I love a full calendar. So I decided to take that concept to my page.  My first thought was to either print a blank calendar or draw one but I decided against it.  If I messed up one box, I'd be so disappointed. So instead, I took my square hole punches and decided to make individual boxes....if I fuck up, I throw it away and punch out a new box.  The only problem...when I placed seven boxes in a row, they didn't fit on the page. Disappointing, but it forced me to be creative.  I took my smaller hole punch and made tiny boxes, layered on top for the days when there really isn't anything going on. 

I should mention that I started with a February calendar because I basically slept through January...so it's obviously not finished yet, but here's what it looks like so far:
  You can see it starts out with the white box as day one, then the red, white and embellished box represent 2, 3, 4.  I'll repost again at the end of the month when it's finished. 

No comments:

Post a Comment