Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Chicken in Heat


I know what you are thinking. You are thinking, what is this cheesy deliciousness I'm looking at right now? This my friends is a recipe that I made up tonight..and I'm quite proud of.  It's called "using things in my fridge" or a prettier name "Pesto Ricotta Chicken".

I was using a recipe that I ripped out of a magazine, probably a long time ago. I keep a binder of recipes that I find in magazines, newspapers, etc. I thought I'd bought all the ingredients but I must've read it wrong and didn't realize that it was a pizza...and I had no pizza dough.  So I was frustrated and left with a bunch of random ingredients so instead I made this creation.

Ingredients:
Thin Sliced Chicken
Pesto
Ricotta
Mozzarella
Oregano
Parsley

I started by mixing the parsley, oregano and ricotta in a bowl.  Then I covered the chicken on both sides with a bit of pesto and laid it in a pyrex baking dish.  I covered each chicken slice in the ricotta mixture and then put it in the oven at 450 degrees.  When it was just about done I covered it all in mozzarella and baked it for 2 more minutes.  The result is cheesy and yummy. I feel like a chef...kind of...

Having the oven up to 450 was not a really great idea considering its sweltering hot outside and I've yet to get my air conditioners.  My face is so flushed from heat. I'm sitting in front of a fan in my living room and not moving for a while now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment