Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Get Your Umbrella, I'm Cooking Up A Storm


Back to the Italian cooking tonight.  I'm actually also going to try to do some crafting tonight but I'm not sure. I haven't been that motivated to create anything new.  This recipe came from my Giada De Laurentis cookbook, Everyday Italian.  A lot of people hate on Giada but I love her.  I don't watch a lot (if any) Food Network shows, but I've seen her show once or twice.  She's beautiful, Italian and her recipes are relatively easy to make. 

In her cookbook, she calls this "Orecchiette with Toasted Bread Crumbs".  I've also known this recipe to be called "Sand Pasta" because the toasted crumbs make a gritty, sandy texture coating the outside of the pasta.  It's good but slightly dry.  She added in prosciutto to cut the dryness, a nice touch.  I think mine needed a bit more prosciutto and a little bit more olive oil.

Ingredients
Orecchiette
Prosciutto
Olive Oil
Italian Style Bread Crumbs
Salt
Pepper
Parmesan Cheese

1. Boil water and pour in pasta.  Follow instructions for cooking time. 
2. About 5 minutes before the pasta is finished heat olive oil in a skillet.  Add in bread crumbs and stir frequently until they are a toasted golden brown color. Add a bit of salt and pepper.
3. Drain pasta and quickly add it to the toasted bread crumb mixture.  Try to keep a little bit of the pasta water so it doesn't get too dry. 
4. Add in prosciutto and parmesan. Serve.

1 comment:

  1. i love Giada's cooking, but i can't watch her show anymore -- she looks like she's doing 8-balls of coke 24/7. also she named her kid Jade. she's just asking for her daughter to be a stripper. if you want to name your daughter after you, do it! your name is WAY prettier than "Jade." it'd be like my dad naming billy Guillaume just for funsies.
    end of rant, that looks delish i'm gonna try it!

    ReplyDelete