Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Alaska Collage: Girdwood

It's actually cold in my apartment tonight, so exciting!! It may be just about time to start putting the fans away and soon it will be sweater and boots time (although I wore boots today, I just couldn't wait). Fall is in the air, and next week it will officially be fall.  I want to find a nice place to take pictures of the changing leaves, especially with my new camera lens.  

Anyway, tonight is another collage. I'm loving the collage format. It's easy and simple but it still looks great.  It is also a great way to use all the random guidebooks, pamphlets, ticket stubs, stickers, etc. that I picked up along the way.  In the past, I've always struggled with including these items into the layouts. The layouts focus so heavily on pictures, the maps, stubs, information all gets lost.  

Tonight's layout is from our day trip to Girdwood.  We took the tram up to the top of a mountain and I ate reindeer sausage (I'll show that in my next layout).  The views were amazing. I saved the tram ticket stub and a free sticker from the Alyeska resort.  The background is the map of Girdwood from my free guidebook, with two descriptions describing the town and the tram. 

We also stopped at this candle store on the way out of Girdwood. I bought a candle in a Campbell soup can and I wanted to showcase it in the picture of the page.  Because of the white paper + my white wall the page sort of blends together, but I think you can see the page. 






No comments:

Post a Comment