Monday, September 10, 2012

Alaska on the Diagonal

Let me just say, it took me 10 tries to spell the word "diagonal" right in the title.  No matter how I spelled it, it just wasn't looking right. 

I saw this technique today on Ali Edward's blog today - turning the pictures diagonal and running them off the page. I really loved it and decided to use it in my Alaska scrapbook page tonight. I have to admit I'm not 100% satisfied, although that's no surprise to anyone who reads this blog regularly. I like the page but I do think the technique would be much better on a traditional scrapbook page. It was really difficult to execute with the plastic covering, so I actually needed to cut the cover off and then relay it on top of the finished page.  

Because of the raised middle embellishment, the plastic doesn't lay flat and doesn't sit well. In person it's not noticeable, but it doesn't photograph well. 


No comments:

Post a Comment