Tuesday, August 7, 2012

A Closer Look at Alaska

I feel like the picture of my first Alaska page I posted yesterday did not showcase the page properly.  The raised element in the middle made the background very blurry in the scan and it looked distorted.

I made another page this morning, a quick one  -which honestly is how I want most of this album to be. Obviously, I want it to look nice and thought out, but I'm sick of planning layouts and being disappointed. 

I was going to continue working on the album tonight, but right now I'm 4 Advils deep and still have a terrible headache.  Even lifting my head up right now to type this entry is painful.  It might be a brain tumor or it might be that I woke up early and went to bed late. Lack of sleep does not a pleasant head make. 

Anyway, as I said, I was not happy with the picture I posted yesterday. So today, instead of using the scanner, I decided to set up a makeshift album studio on my couch and photograph the album instead. Enjoy.

Here is the first page:




Here is the second page: The first place we visited in Alaska was Seward/Kenai peninsula. I ripped out pages from the guidebook we picked up at the visitor center + maps of the area


A closer look at the bottom embellishment: I bought a bunch of stickers at a gift shop in Alaska. I wouldn't be able to get stickers this specific in New York. 

And a look at the album itself: I also bought the album in a gift shop in Alaska. I make smart decisions.


The spine:

Now off to get some rest. Let's continue this conversation tomorrow. 





No comments:

Post a Comment