Tuesday, August 14, 2012

And Early Night Scrapping...

Tonight, I started scrapbooking right after dinner. I had an idea in my head and I needed to work on it right away. I love it when that happens.  

I'm reading a book called Imagine: how creativity works by Jonah Lehrer. It's a really fascinating look into the brain with stories of creative breakthroughs.  More interesting is how they explore creativity and show how any person can be creative. Anyone could be an creative genius, with different methods or ways of looking at things. I thought that was really inspiring. I'm constantly down on myself for not creating these perfect pages that I see other scrapbookers make..but that doesn't mean they are any more creative than I am. 

One chapter of the book talks about how relaxation can fuel creativity. Interestingly, distractions also fuel creativity - people with ADD are better able to come up with creative solutions to problems. Persistence - constantly drawing the same picture or moving aspects around on a picture - can lead to artistic breakthroughs. Based on this, I think this more relaxed version of scrapbooking is fueling my creativity.  I've felt more inspired in the past two weeks than I did the entire time I worked on my Europe scrapbook.  It feels more free, my brain doesn't feel so boxed in.   

Anyway, here is tonight's page.  I cut out a piece of an ad from one of the many Alaskan free magazines I took.  The ad was for the same tour we took.  It fit better than any sticker I own. 

Tonight's image is a scan.  In person the design is not as centered, the scan cut off a sliver of the left side of the page, but still looks good. 


No comments:

Post a Comment