Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Alaska: Exit Glacier with Map

I had an idea in my head tonight for a page, but I don't think it came out quite how I imagined it. I still like it but I think my problem with my own designs is the lack of embellishment.  I either hold back too much or I go way too overboard. I can't strike the perfect balance that I want.  My next page is going to be a straight collage, no pictures so I'll use that as practice ground.  The collage part is the hardest for me - making something that is imperfect look perfect. 

Anyway, as I said I'm not disappointed in the page. I used a map as a backdrop (I have a lot of these maps lying around thanks to my free guidebook Kleptomania).  I love the layout of the pictures, the arrow and the lettering I used for the word "exit". I'm not so into how I wrote out the word glacier, and I feel like a nice embellishment or collage in that area would've completed the page.  Learning. Always learning.




No comments:

Post a Comment